I’ve wanted to pull together a list of the perfect gifts for the allergic people in your life for a while, so here it is. It’s a bit early for Christmas posts I know, but this gives you plenty of time to research and order and it’s something productive to do in Lockdown!
I know it can be hard to choosing something safe when they might be allergic to a food allergen and sensitive to skin care products etc. All those easy gift ideas are out of the window.
So here are my Top 10 things to give to anyone with allergies, eczema, asthma or any atopic condition!
- The Reluctant Allergy Expert: How to kill the fear that anaphylaxis could kill you. By me! My book baby would make a lovely stocking filler for anyone with allergies themselves or caring for someone. You can buy it as a kindle or in paperback on Amazon here. If you already have it, the best gift for me would be an Amazon review! Help me spread the word so others can find this book. Thank you all so much.
- Kalm Koala weighted blanket – I bought one of these last year when I was hardly getting 1-2 hours sleep a night and feeling like I was about to lose my mind. Sleep deprivation is brutal. Now this blanket isn’t a miracle cure, it’s not going to transform your sleep, especially if you are going through TSW because there is stuff that just has to go on and there is more to sleep than just a blanket. But let me promise you this, you will fall in love with it. It’s a weighted anxiety blanket and it will make you feel held, soothed and calmed. It definitely helped reduce anxiety and I was able to feel more rested, often when I was still not actually drifting off into a dreamless sleep. This blanket is one of my prized favourite things now. Not only do I sleep under it every night, it is also luxurious, a beautiful grey colour and is just such a treat to use. If you don’t have one yet, get one! Everyone would love one of these, but especially anyone who lives with anxiety, fear, stress and that feeling of not being able to stop the mind racing. You can buy them from Kalm Koala here. I have an Affiliate link, WHATALLERGY, which will give you £20 off your order. This also gives me a small kickback which helps to keep this blog going.
- Gnawbles and all the other Top14 allergen free Creative Nature products – Anyone who knows me will know much I love this company but seriously guys, you just can’t go wrong with any of their products, because they are all brilliant and all freefrom the main allergens. From Gnawbles to cake mixes and snack bars to the perfect pancake batter, I’ve tried them all. I am also a affiliate for these guys and love working with them. Visit their website and use my code WHATALLERGY10 to get 10% off everything you buy. Christmas needs Creative Nature!
- Lyonsleaf natural skincare – I absolutely love this brand of skincare products. All natural, independent and they grow most of the herbs and ingredients that go into their products. I have been recommending their products now for over a year and so far everyone who’s tried them loves them! My favourites are the Zinc and Calendula for when my skin is inflamed and irritated and the Marshallow balm for everyday moisturising. They look amazing, smell amazing and feel amazing on my skin. They have some deals on at the moment, for instance, sign up to their newsletter and you’ll get 15% off. And tell them I sent you xxx. Visit their website to try and you won’t be disappointed.
- Balmonds skin care range – This is also one of my favourite natural skincare companies. I love their Skin Salvation and also the Lavender baby balm, I also use their shower wash and shampoo. If you have sensitive skin and find the high street brands irritate your skin, check these guys out. Visit their website here and use my code WHATALLERGY FOR 20% off.
- Passion Planner – I adore my Passion Planner and use it every day,, all the time. I’m pretty much glued to it. If you’ve never come across them before they are leather bound, beautifully crafted daily and weekly planners with sections to plan, set goals, reflect on achievements, make notes and just generally doodle and jot. Mine includes poems, lists, work challenges and personal plans. Anyone who lives stationery, diaries and beautiful notebooks will adore one of these. They’re not cheap but they do have great referral programs and points system so you can save money on your future purchases, because once you’ve had one, you will want another! Visit their website to find out more here.
- An annual membership to TH+ From the TalkHealth Partnership – Packed with live events, meet-ups, online classes and massive giveaways, we’re convinced that it’s the best way to get the most out of our platform. Think of it a little like a health club membership – except without the aggro of having to leave your house! I’ll be trying it out so watch out for my feedback coming soon. Visit their website to enter to win a free month’s trial. and if you’re not successful it only costs £35 for an annual membership at the moment which is absolute BARGAIN!
- Calm App annual membership – I use this EVERY day and I am not exaggerating. I don’t manage a guided mediation every day but I do on most days. It’s just ten minutes of sitting, being still and trying to just be mindful to whatever message is playing that day. Just me and my breathing. I don’t get any commission or kick backs from this one I just bloody love what the do. I listen to talks, master classes and the short five minute Daily Spark to kick start your focus. Visit Calm to find out more. And if you are interested message me and I’ll invite you to a free month trial.
- Audible membership – With everything that’s been going on this year I’ve found it hard to focus my brain and very hard to read books at the moment. This is very hard for me as books were one of my true releases and give me great pleasure. What I have discovered is Audible membership. Literally thousands of audio books to choose from. I have the basic membership which costs me just £7 for one free book a month. However there are loads of free listens, professional podcasts only available to audible members and also free comedy, crime, drama and more. You won’t ever be left stuck waiting for the next token to activate with nothing to listen to. Although I’ve been devouring audio this year. I am all over Spotify podcasts, Podcasts anywhere really. Can’t get enough. When I’m walking, driving, cooking dinner, feeling blue. Ya know. Again I don’t get anything for promoting this, it’s just one my favourite things. To sign up visit the Audible website here. They also have a free 30 day Trial at the moment to what are you waiting for
- Spotify and Netflix – At the beginning of this year I treated myself to Audible, Spotify (paid for) and Netflix because I was deep in TSW and had reached the one year in hell milestone. I was going to choose one to keep but I can’t decide. All three are worth their weight. So I’m keeping them all. So my last suggestion is Netflix. I have been so impressed with the quality of films, series and documentaries. I’ve almost given up on normal TV. Spotify premium is just so much nicer without the adverts and it has all my playlists, for running, feeling sorry myself, positive vibes, and more. You can discover new music, find old music, listen to relaxing sleep musing and I also love the concentration tracks for when I need to really focus on work but don’t feel like being in silence.
- Give the gift of yoga – Pay it forward! I love this idea and think it could really catch on. Last month a kind yogi gifted me a yoga class and I had no idea who it was. I did find out that it was a lady I knew through running and saw at my local ParkRun on a number of occasion, we had mutual friends in common and I knew her well enough to say Hi, and comment on social media channels. You know when you think you know someone better than you actually. So thank you Karen xxx It was very much appreciated at a time when I was struggling a little financially. I was then gifted another class and I still don’t know who that one was from. So if you have a friend who you think might benefit from trying yoga or who you know loves it, why not buy them a class. I highly recommend Yoga with Tawny Cortes and also my local studio Yin & Yoga. Both offer gift vouchers.
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Do any of these appeal to you? I could probably go on and on and on. Waterstones vouchers are also a great gift. people can buy online and it means a real bookshop benefits! Look at local businesses too. Your local farm shop, independent businesses and small companies. They really need our help this Christmas. I will also be giving the gift of yoga to some very lucky friends and that’s also a great gift idea. If you have a local studio or a favourite online teacher – I am currently spoilt for choice.
What are you gift ideas for people with allergies, eczema and asthma?