Tea tree oil is one my must have bathroom skin care products and it works a treat on cold sores. Any salve with tea tree in it will help to heal and fight the virus.
Balmonds say this product is “Cooling and natural, also suitable for use on cold sores, spots, bites, stings and fungal conditions.” so it’s not just the cold sores you can use this salve for.
Ingredients for Balmonds tea tree salve
- Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil – nourishing, anti-bacterial
- Cera Alba (Beeswax) – a natural emulsifier, provides a protective base and keeps the skin moisturised.
- Arthamus tinctorius (safflower seed oil) – excellent for sensitive skin.
- Cera alba (beeswax) – a natural emulsifier. Provides a protective base and keeps the skin moisturised.
- Lelaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil)
- Limonene (from essential oils)
Suggestions for use:
If you suffer with cold sores, as soon as you feel that dreaded tingling sensation that indicates an imminent attack, apply Teatree Rescue Salve every half hour until the tingling sensation has completely gone. The salve has a high oil content so DO NOT USE IN HOT SUNSHINE, use indoors and overnight.
Suitable for babies, children and adults. Can be safely applied directly to any area of the body, including face, hands and scalp.
Always patch test (leave for 24 hours) before use.
We recommend customers patch test on an unaffected area before use (leave for 24 hours) as some people may be allergic to herbs, oils or beeswax.
Visit the Balmonds website to buy them Use code: WHATALLERGY for 20% off..