One of my real bugbears and struggles is finding good, natural shampoo that doesn’t make my scalp dry, itchyand sore.
I’ve blogged about this a great deal.
And this year I am mourning the demise of my favourite shampoo, Skin Blossom Organic herbal shampoo which has been discontinued… 🙁
I have been searching the globe for bottles of this shampoo and the stocks appear to have finally depleted to zero.
So the last bottle is all the sweeter, and when it’s finished I will be trialling a whole host of new shampoos to find my next favourite.
It’s a bit like hair dressers. Once you find a good one you want to stick with them. I don’t like too much change and being forced to change with no choice in the matter is frustrating.
But not altogether a bad thing as you can see from the lovely products I have to try next!
Six Shampoos to try…
- Odylique Gentle Herb Shampoo – I know I love this one and have been meaning to buy some for months so this was an obvious purchase.
- A’Kin Unscented very gentle shampoo – I’ve been aware of A’Kin but just never come across it when shopping for shampoo so this one was up there. I hope it lives up to my expectations!
- John Masters organics bare shampoo – a new one for me, but I thought I’d try it so I avoided paying postage buying the other two 🙂
- Airmid – cold pressed natural bar shampoo – this one will be great for travelling and I will let you know how I get on with it.
- Friendly Soap – Shampoo Bar – Never heard of this before but it was one of the entrants in the FreeFrom Skincare Awards. Another for travelling.
- Emma’s soup – Complete bar shampoo and soap – this all over body and hair product looks interesting too, and from a small independent company. I look forward to this one and also another entrant in the FreeFrom SkinCare Awards last year.
Another year and another load of shampoos to try out!
So let’s embrace change. Anyone got any good suggestions? Or used any of the above themselves? Which is your favourite freefrom, natural shampoo?
Have you tried any products from Pure Nuff Stuff? They have very simple but effective hair cleansers (shampoos) with few ingredients and they also have an eczema-specific range. I have been using some of their products for nearly a year now and think they’re really good.
Hi Eryl, no I haven’t but I will certainly check them out! I’ve emailed them and asked for information about which one is best for eczema. Thanks for the info
Kimberley Reed says
I have found Eucerin shampoo to be a miracle for my eczema scalp condition.
Thanks Kimberley, I’ve seen that before but never tried it. Thanks for the recommendation