I get asked the same questions over and over again, so here, finally, is a work in progress, my topical steroid withdrawal frequently asked questions.
I will be keeping this updated as I get asked more questions and discover new exciting resources that might help you guys.
These FAQs are for anyone:
- Who has eczema, uses topical steroid withdrawal and is worried and would like more information
- Anyone going through TSW, from early stages to months and years in
- Anyone caring for someone with TSW
- Doctors, dermatologists, pharmacists and scientists who are interested and would like to research more
- Friends of someone going through TSW
- Anyone interested in finding out more about a medication widely prescribed for years to treat eczema, yet creating a skin condition way worse, and untreatable except for a lengthy and painful withdrawal.
Having this page will allow me to signpost people to find information easily without having to type out the same messages over and over again.
Talking to some dermatologists on a brain storming session recently, discussing the kinds of questions I an other skin bloggers get asked, I realised just how much of a responsibility this was. The sheer number of people who need someone to talk to, and have questions is growing and not really manageable.
Please take a look and if I’ve missed anything, please pop a question or comment below.
I hope this helps. There are now a growing number of resources out there so I’m not recreating this information, just sending you to where it already sits, waiting to be discovered.
Thanks for your time and I hope you find this information useful.
Ruth, still healing after 2.5 years topical steroid free!