Ever heard of cotton silver bedding? Sounds fancy doesn’t it? I hadn’t come across this type of bed linen until coming across Silver Guard; natural cotton bedding with ionic silver that works as a natural defence, is antimicrobial and supports healthy skin.
Silver has been widely accepted for its healing and anti-microbial powers for centuries – I’ve used colloidal silver to heal my gut and skin in the past.
So can this technology be used to help you get a better more comfortable night’s sleep?
How does SilverGuard work?
Here’s how SilverGuard explains the clever silver technology:
“We have harnessed the power of silver through IONIC+ antimicrobial silver thread technology. The technology works by releasing silver ions from IONIC+ fibres which act in several ways to inhibit and eliminate pathogens on the surface of the fabric. Products using IONIC+ technology inhibit the growth and persistence of bacteria, fungi and viruses on textile surfaces.
Sounds pretty impressive and technology that can keep us safe in the bedroom.
Benefits of SilverGuard antimicrobial textiles are:
- Antimicrobial: self-sanitising IONIC+ silver technology works against bacteria and viruses, including Covid-19
- Fast Acting: reduces 99.9% of pathogens on fabric
- Anti Odour: kills bacteria which causes odours
- Eliminates Acne-causing Bacteria
- Environmentally-friendly: IONIC+ cannot be washed out, and IONIC+ helps to extend the life of a product
IONIC+ antimicrobial technology is designed to provide a simple and cost-effective method for employers to deliver a proven antimicrobial management solution for soft surface textile materials.
Watch a video of how SilverGuard works
Here’s the science bit!
What’s Silver Guard bedding like to use?
I’ve been trialling the fitted sheets, pillowcase and duvet cover from Silver Guard, and here are my observations after a few months using them.
- Soft – they feel so soft, so smooth and sooo indulgent next to my skin.
- Cooling – Due to the silver technology these sheets and bed linen also help regulate your temperature while sleeping. Something I really struggle to do at the moment due to my skin and menopause. Trying this SilverGuard bed linen has coincided with a phase in my topical steroid withdrawal healing journey where I am sleeping so much so it’s lovely to have some lovely new bedding to snuggle up in.
- Luxurious – I had been meaning to get some new sheets and duvet covers after the years of TSW blood and oooze have messed up some of my old sheets. The organic cotton feels really expensive, like posh hotel bedding. It’s a real treat hopping into bed and snuggling down under these sheets.
- Easy to make the bed – The fitted sheets are so easy to fit to the mattress because they have elastic all around the edge of the sheet so it’s much easier to get a good snug fit all the way around.
I’m definitely now a SilverGuard fan and would recommend this bedding to anyone with sensitive skin looking for something a bit different, cooling and also clever, with its anti-odour, antimicrobial and anti-bacterial qualities.
Siver technology face cloth
I also tested a face cloth and if you know me, you’ll know I love a flannel. I’ve been using bamboo ones from Eczema Land which are super soft and kind to my skin. These huge, super absorbent SilverGuard face cloths are also a pleasure to use. I use these in the bath and wash them after each use and really enjoyed washing with this silver technology flannel. It was thicker than your usual face cloth and probably larger in size too. It cleaned and cleansed my skin gently which is what I’m looking for with sensitive, dry, eczema skin.
Make your bedding work while you sleep
I just love the idea that while I sleep my bedding is working all night to absorb any bacteria, prevent any nasty microbial growth and keep my skin clean and protected. As a menopausal woman who struggles with night sweats, I’m always worried about keeping bedding clean and safe, especially with my very sensitive skin. As I’ve also been going through topical steroid withdrawal, keeping bedding clean, laundered and hygienic has often been a struggle with excessive itching, shedding, weeping and bleeding. SilverGuard bedding is great for eczema, topical steroid withdrawal, sensitive skin and menopausal women!
How to care for silver technology fabrics
It couldn’t be easier to wash this bedding. It can safely go on a 40 degree wash and for those who need a little extra and have a dust allergy, you can wash at 60 degrees. I also always spot treat my bedding if there are blood stains etc. and they came up like brand new after washing.
Where to buy SilverGuard bed linen
There is currently a sale on so visit the website today to grab yourself a bargain at https://www.silver-guard.co.uk/
You may also be interested in reading the following:
I have experienced the wonders of copper infused pajamas before and they are so amazing, feel super soft on sensitive skin and soothing and cooling too. Check out my Copper pyjamas blog here.