I’ve been trying out this product for a few months now and I really think it does help. I am not getting paid to write this but I was gifted the probiotic purifier to try.
What is a probiotic purifier?
The unit emits a spray of probiotics every 70 minutes and this spreads around the room, treating surfaces, objects and air, ridding pathogens (harmful bacteria and mould) as well as allergens and reducing Asthma triggers.
Watch this short video to get a better idea of how it works:
This is what BetterAir say about the Biotica800
“We represent the cutting edge of wellness optimization by harnessing the power of all-natural probiotics. Our systems help turn your home into a hypoallergenic safe zone free from organic irritants.”
You site the unit in your bedroom, away from any opened windows, plug it in, insert the probiotic liquid and it starts doing its magic. I tweaked mine so that it wasn’t running at night as the noise bothered me a little, and in that case it releases more probiotic in the daytime and stops at about 10pm (or whenever you choose pause your unit. It should have the same effect as if it ran 24 hours a day.
The only thing I don’t like is the light on the plug which I have had to cover up and the flashing the unit does, but you can cover up this light too. I’m just funny about any light while I’m sleeping. Once the lights were covered it was fine.
Has it helped me?
I think it has and here’s how:
- I’m sleeping really well – Now I do a lot of things to help me get a good night’s sleep but the quality and duration of my sleep has certainly improved since I started using BetterAir. Before using it I always felt I had only just fallen asleep when my alarm went off. I struggled to get up and always felt tired. I am now waking up early, at 6-7am feeling rested.
- Works well with oil diffusers – I had just bought a natural essential oil diffuser and was assured that this would not interfere with the system. I love using essential oils to help scent the air and also promote sleep. This is something the manufacturers may add as a feature of this probiotic purifier in the future, so you could add your favourite essential oils and fragrance the room as you purify it!
- My asthma has improved – I did start taking peak flow readings during my testing but annoyingly I didn’t have a base reading at the start. What I have found is that my peak flow readings are steadily improving from around 300 to 430-450 which is really good for me. My breathing had been really troubling me and I had been experiencing some wheezing before trialling this product. I am not using my preventative inhalers anymore and have not noticed a difference or worsening in my breathing. If anything I’m improving all the time. I only use my blue inhaler before exercise and always take it with me when I go out, just in case. But I feel my asthma is well controlled at the moment.
- Asthma symptoms disappear quickly – I have always woken up wheezy when the weather changes, like a barometer, the change in pressure seems to temporarily affect my breathing. However now, instead of needing the blue inhaler to relieve the wheeze, I seem to be able to breathe through it, cough and mucous now moves freely to free my airways. I always used to have such a dry wheeze and always struggled to clear mucous.
- Hay fever is much better controlled – My hay fever does seem to go in cycles and it was awful last year. This year I have watery eyes when I go outside but inside I’m not having as many problems. I’m not taking any anti-histamines, just dealing with the watering as it’s not severe as it was at the beginning of the year. I think my tree pollen allergy is worse than my grass and weed allergies.
I’ve been inside so much more during the current lockdown and had been really worrying about my breathing so this has really helped.
I have also been going through Topical Steroid Withdrawal so anything that can help me reduce the use of preventative inhalers is amazing. I am not using the preventative one at all at the moment
I have horrible old carpets in my house at the moment which I do plan to replace but I can’t afford to at the moment, nor do I have the time, head space and energy to even decide what I want instead. So having a product like this that works on reducing the allergenic load in your house using natural probiotics has to be a positive step.
I am hoovering up a lot of dust and skin from my bedroom at the moment due to the incessant flaking of Topical Steroid Withdrawal (TSW) so I am always conscious about the extra dust.
I have definitely seem improvements in my asthma and breathing since using BetterAir. I do many other things like learning to master deep breathing, daily meditation, regular yoga and running, but most of these were activities I had already begun exploring well before I started trying out BetterAir. It’s great to have a natural product that can help reduce the allergen load in your house.
And to hear from more people who’ve used it read their case studies.
NB. This product was gifted to me for this trial.