Despite not being able to see friends, most of my family or go out for a meal as I would normally do for my birthday I had the most wonderful day. Thanks to everyone who made it special.
I hope this gives you all a few ideas of how to make a lovely Lockdown birthday. It was the thoughts, the kind texts, messages and knowing people cared, even if they couldn’t see me, that made it special.
- Balloons! – In a box! Two, lovely non latex foil birthday balloons from my lovely sister and her family are brightening up my home.
- Cards – People send fewer cards than they used to but I really appreciated the carefully chosen, funny and thoughtful cards I received.
- Gifts – Again, when you get older you get fewer gifts and right now the only gift I’d really love from my friends is their company IN REAL LIFE! But I got some lovely pressies, just little things, perhaps a lot of chocolate and an eco wooden washing up brush from my Mum that I think I was strangely a little too pleased with. I also received some cute little felt hearts and bird and the most terrifying face mask from my lovely Friend Helen. Prosecco and a candle from my besties and little treats to open from Mum.
- Hello Fresh – My aunt gave me some money which I used to trial this home meal service where you get all the elements of the meal sent to you with easy instructions. I’ve really enjoyed the three I’ve had so far although one was a tad too over complicated for me and I found it took me ages to cook. I’ve learnt new skills and new ideas that I’ll use again and had some really tasty food. Check out Hello Fresh here.
- The Real Skin Club – again from the money from my aunt, I treated myself to these truly beautiful Positive Affirmation Cards for skin. I love them! Check The Real Skin Club
- Cake! My lovely, wonderful neighbour made me a HUGE birthday cake from white spelt flour which was so amazing. It tastes incredible and is so fluffy, soft and moist as well. Perfect cake and I’m ashamed to say not much is left. Although I have shared it with my Mum and my next door neighbour who lives alone and who really loved it too!
- Amazon vouchers – Thanks Dad! I bought some new running longs and top!
- Messages – So many messages! I don’t think I’ve replied to them even now but they all made me feel very special, loved and appreciated. Thanks to everyone who took the time to say Happy Birthday.
- Long walk – It was a glorious sunny day so I went for a lovely, long, muddy walk with my Mum and Bertie the dog!
- Sunday Roast – Mum cooked me my favourite meal, Sunday roast! And I did not lift a finger, except open the Prosecco!
- Family Zoom – We had a family get together, which we’ve been doing monthly with a family quiz which is great fun. I’m terrible at quizzes and even with the them being Ruth – I still didn’t win! But I did discover some interesting Ruth facts. Did you know that Bette Davies was actually christened Ruth Elizabeth Davies! My middle name is Elizabeth too! And also that I couldn’t say my own name when I was little and so called myself Ooofie instead. Awwww so cute.
- Messages – so many! Thank you all guys.
Thank you all for making this birthday one to remember and for my Mum for making is so special.
And apart from an incident with some fox poo that meant both me and Bertie ended up soaking wet it was a wonderful day. And I think Bertie loved being covered in fox poo so at least he was happy for an hour!
What do you do make your allergy birthdays special?
Read also, Best Christmas gifts for your allergic, atopic, asthmatic friend here!