This month marks thirteen years of blogging about allergies, eczema, asthma and anaphylaxis! It’s been a blast and I am still loving blogging.
But we still need to keep raising awareness; there is still so much misinformation and lack of awareness so I won’t be stopping sharing and advocating any time soon.
Allergy Awareness Week 2022
There’s loads going on this week as it’s also Allergy Awareness Wee 2022. One of the key pieces of research I read this week was from Allergy UK, about the hidden cost of mental health.
Check out the Allergy UK website for some shocking stats about living with allergies.
For instance, did you know:
- Over half (53%) of people living with allergies in the UK regularly avoid social situations due to their allergy.
- Over half, (52%) of people feel they had to play down their allergies due to fear of judgement.
- 2 in 5 (40%) parents of children with allergies reported their child had experienced bullying due to a condition
I can say with confidence that my own allergies and the risk of anaphylaxis have and still do cause me a great deal of anxiety and panic attacks. I had a panic attack this month when faced with an unplanned food stop at an Indian Takeaway. I didn’t eat there and got home safely but not without a load of unnecessary anxiety and a minor panic attack outside the restaurant that no one realised was even happening.
It’s why I wrote my book, Anaphylaxis: The Essential Guide: An Action Plan For Living With Life-Threatening Allergies. I wanted to help others learn to live with these strong and terrifying emotions.
My birthday gift to you!
To celebrate my blog birthday with you all I’m giving away a copy of both my books to one lucky winner.
You could win a copy of
- Anaphylaxis: The Essential Guide: An Action Plan For Living With Life-Threatening Allergies
- The Shape of Skin – eczema poems
All you have to do is comment below telling me why you’d like to win them and how allergies and eczema affect your life.
I’ll choose a winner at random from the comments below on Monday 16th May, so make sure you enter by the 15th May.
Discounts, even if you don’t win!
I have quite a few affiliate codes now for products that I love from companies who I really trust and believe in. Here’s just a few:
- 10% off Creative Nature with code WHATALLERGY10
- 15% off MedicAlert Bracelets and jewellery with cod What15Allergy.
- 10% off EqualEats dietary allergen cards with code WHATALLERGY
For even more discounts, click on the button below:
I do get a small kickback from some of the above and some are just for you guys to get some money off. Some people feel uncomfortable about me doing this but it costs my money to host and keep this blog safe so these rewards help me to get the blog going and also help me keep stocked on the natural skincare and shampoo that works best for my skin.
So what are you waiting for? Do you want help me celebrate my blog’s birthday? Please enter my giveaway as I love seeing my books go out into the world
Comments below to be in with a chance to win.