Just really quick thank you to each and everyone one of you who read this blog, comment regularly and support me by coming over to read my wafflings.
It can feel lonely blogging but I can see from the stats that you guys are reading more and more and coming back and also new readers are finding this blog.
So thank you.
I’ve been busy beavering away to bring you more cool stuff.
And in case you’ve not read a blog for some time, here’s a little round out of 2021, the year that just kept on giving with more Covid worries, vaccines, and the continued rollercoaster of healing my skin through topical steroid withdrawal. When I go AWOL it’s probably because my skin is a challenge so bear with me.
Thanks 2021 for all the highs
- Winning the Free From Hero Award just blew my mine and I am still so proud of that.
- Also being voted in the Top 10 Health blogs again – Whoop Whoop!
- I’m Sponsoring the Free From Food Awards 2022 which is a very proud moment for me.
- I got Shortlisted in the UK Mental Health Awards 2021 – still can’t quite believe that. Beyond proud of everything I’ve achieved, always with the goal to help others.
- I was on the front cover of Chat Magazine in ‘Snogging me comes with a Health Warning!”
- Topical Steroid Withdrawal was finally acknowledged as real by Dr George Moncrieff and I cried a lot!
- Also got voted #20 in the Top 20 UK Health Blogs by Feedspot.
- I published my second book, The Shape of Skin, packed with funny, thought provoking, real, raw and dark poems for people with eczema, topical steroid withdrawal, psoriasis, sensitive skin and atopic dermatitis.
- This little blog reached its 12th birthday! Can’t believe I’ve been blogging for twelve years! Check out my birthday blog for some advice for anyone wanting to become a writer and blogger.
- Oatly lost it’s court case against Glebe Farms and Pure Oaty is now my favourite oat milk.
- I spoke at an online event, a Mock Food Trial to help raise awareness amongst food service companies.
- To help answer the deluge of questions about topical steroid withdrawal I created a TSW FAQ, packed with links, resources and advice for anyone worried about topical steroid withdrawal damage.
- Thanks to everyone completing the Yellow Card Scheme, the MHRA has finally recognised Topical Steroid Withdrawal as real and issued new guidelines.
- I got a water softener – a life’s dream come true as I’ve always wanted one. Watch out for more blogs on how it’s helping my skin in 2022.
That’s quite a year; when I look back I feel so proud. In a year which ended with the worst skin I’ve ever had in my life, as TSW keeps healing from deep down in my poor damaged dermis, I’ve kept going. I’ve kept blogging and finding things every day to be grateful for and thankful for. I’ve prioritised my healing journey and emotionally I’ve never ever felt happier or stronger.
I’ll be sharing more next year on the things I’ve done to continue to drive healing from the inside out. It’s not an easy fix. There isn’t any one thing that will heal your skin. It takes time, patience, attentiveness and a lot of hard work. And it’s something you’ll need to continue to give priority to throughout your life.
I have a couple more book projects on the go which I’m very excited about.
So once again, thank you all and I wish you all a very Happy, calm and comfortable Christmas. This blog has kept me going through some hard times and I’m so proud that it’s still going strong.
And all I really want is to have calm, comfortable functioning skin. That is literally all. If I could have that I could sleep at night and just finally learn how to be happy without the daily struggle. I cannot wait.
Leave a Reply